NCAR's Strategic Goal's
NCAR's Strategic Plan, NCAR as an Integrator, Innovator and Community Builder, outlines five Strategic Goals, and the priorities for achieving each. In the following sections we report on progress made in FY 2008 toward each scientific goal and priority.
NCAR's has 5 Strategic Goals. Follow the links below to learn about ASP's contribution to these goals.
- Improve understanding of the atmosphere, the Earth system, and the Sun,
- Increase societal resilience to weather, climate, and other atmospheric hazards,
- Cultivate a scientifically literate and engaged citizenry and a diverse and creative workforce,
- Provide robust, accessible, and innovative information services and tools, and
- Provide world-class ground, airborne, and space-borne observational facilities and services.